Following Uber’s reputation scandals, ReportLinker conducted a survey in September to measure people’s awareness and usage of ride-hailing apps. Findings show that ride-hailing remains extremely popular as 89% of people admit using such service.
- The most popular brand remains Uber, cited 97% of the time, followed by Lyft with 75% of mentions and Zip Car (45%) .
- Millennials use ride-hailing services more frequently than other generations, with 15% saying they use them 2-5 times/week.
- By comparison, 69% of other generations say they summon cars once a month or less.
- 62% of people mainly use ride-hailing on a night out, including 70% of millenials.
When asked about the reasons why they use such services:
- 60% of US respondents mentioned the ease of use
- 42% said the short waiting time
- 26% said the efficiency of the experience
- and 16% said the reduced cost
Whar are the main drawbacks?
- The lack of data privacy (32%), of data security (20%) and safety(13%) are the main negative aspects listed.
Are tech companies better suited for the job ?
- Over the lasts months technology companies have increased their advantage from their first mover position into this market as 63% of people are more confident in technology companies and their ability to provide positive experiences for users of shared mobility services.
To see all the survey results click here.